This easy crock-pot chicken breast recipe is made with Swiss cheese, cream of mushroom soups, stuffing mix, butter and cream of chicken soup.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, without skin
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounce) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounce) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 to 3 cups Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing Mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter *See Sandy's Notes
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation:Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper; place chicken breasts crock pot. Pour chicken broth over chicken breasts. Put one slice of Swiss cheese on each breast. Combine both cans of soup and milk. Cover chicken breasts with soup mixture. Sprinkle stuffing mix over all. Drizzle melted butter on top. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Notes: You can also mix the chicken broth with the soup and you get almost the same results. If you pour the broth over the chicken it keeps the chicken moist and tender. *I only used 1/2 the amount of butter called for, and would use more with another cup of stuffing mix next time.
posted by Sandyw